Accelerated Reader Guidelines
GHES Media Center Accelerated
- Students, grades 3-5,may check out up to 2 AR books at a
- Students should check out AR books within the ZPD(Zone of
Proximal Development) indicated on the Diagnostic report from a
STAR Test or a reading range of the teacher's discretion for AR
quiz testing. Younger students may have number range or color level
on their library checkout card so that media staff can help with
- Easy AR books leveled 0.1 to 3.4 are shelved separately by
reading level designated by color-coded dot.
- Fiction AR books leveled 3.5 and above are intershelved in the
general Fiction collection.
- All nonfiction AR
books are intershelved in the Nonfiction collection.
- All AR books are identified by a color-coded label on the spine
according to the reading level.